OR WAIT 15 SECS
What's different in your drug stores this month or coming very soon?
What’s different in your drug stores this month or coming very soon? Vitamin gummies for adults. Natural facial oils to treat a variety of skin problems. Conveniently packaged supplements for those on the go. The first OTC home-use HIV kit for self-testing. A toothpaste that whitens, refreshes, and fights germs. A bathroom safety rail for stability and support. And there are even more new over-the-counter items featured in the print edition of Drug Topics.
• Nature Made Adult Gummies. Pharmavite LLC is in the midst of the largest expansion of its Nature Made brand in more than 40 years. Among the product innovations: Nature Made Adult Gummies. These gummies are a great-tasting chewable option for taking vitamins. They are available in fruit flavors (cherry, orange, strawberry, mango, pineapple-orange, peach, and mixed berry – depending on product) and backed by a “love them or they’re free” guarantee. The Adult Gummies line includes: multivitamin, fish oil, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin D, B-complex, and CoQ10. All favors are natural; the colors are derived from natural sources, with no synthetic dyes. They contain no preservatives or yeast and are gluten free. www.naturemade.com
• Organix South Facial Oil Serums. Organix South introduces TheraNeem Natural Facial Oil Serums to protect against nature and environmental skin stressors. The serum blends contain neem oil, which has a long history of diverse medicinal uses. Its antimicrobial yet gentle properties have made it a favorite for skin care formulations. TheraNeem Facial Oil Serums come in three formulas. Rejuvenating Therape is for dry or damaged skin and contains sea buckthorn and argan oil to soften the skin. Soothing Therape is for normal or stressed skin and contains baobab to normalize the skin. Balancing Therape is for oily or blemish-prone skin and contains tamanu to balance the skin. Each serum is packaged in a one-ounce pump bottle and applied by massaging 5 to 10 drops on clean, moist skin. www.OrganixSouth.com
• Vitalah Oxylent 7.
Vitalah has introduced a new 7-count box to its Oxylent line of supplements, which are now formulated without sugar and with zero calories. Perfect for travel and “on-the-go” lifestyles, Oxylent 7-count contains seven packets of the original Oxylent formula in a box that conveniently slips into a suitcase, briefcase, purse, gym bag, or tote. Simply add the powder to a water bottle to experience a sparkling beverage that energizes naturally. The new product is available in three fruit flavors: sparkling berries, sparkling blackberry pomegranate, and sparkling mandarin. Gluten and dairy free, Oxylent enables peak performance by oxygenating, hydrating, circulating, and rejuvenating the body through a blend of enzymes, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, and amino acids.
• OraQuick In-Home HIV Kit.
OraSure Technologies, Inc. recently received FDA approval for its OraQuick In-Home HIV Test for sale over the counter. The OraQuick test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in 20 to 40 minutes. Positive test results using this test must be confirmed by follow-up laboratory-based testing. It is the first FDA-approved OTC rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease, and it can be sold to anyone age 17 and older. The OraQuick In-Home HIV Test is expected to be available for purchase this October.
• Colgate Total Advanced Fresh + Whitening. Customers can fight germs, whiten teeth, and keep breath fresh with the newest variant in the Colgate Total portfolio: Advanced Fresh + Whitening. Clinically proven to reduce 90% more plaque germs than ordinary, non-antibacterial toothpaste 12 hours after brushing, Colgate Total Advanced Fresh + Whitening helps prevent oral heath problems such as bad breath, cavities, plaque, gingivitis, and tartar buildup. The product is also formulated with an added flavor boost to help keep breath mouthwash-fresh for up to 12 hours, plus an advanced whitening system that helps to remove surface stains. The new toothpaste is available in a gel formulation. www.colgate.com
• Carex Bathroom Safety Rail. Carex Health Brands introduces a new B369 Bathroom Safety Rail to provide stability and support at the toilet or sink. The new safety rail helps reduce the incidence of falls by fitting easily around the toilet to provide support and balance while sitting, standing, or rising. It is easily adjustable to accommodate any height. As a free-standing device, it can be easily moved from one area of the bathroom to another and does not require tools for assembly or professional installation. According to Carex, more than one third of American seniors over the age of 65 fall every year, with the majority of these falls occurring in the bathroom. www.carex.com