OR WAIT 15 SECS
Whatâ€™s different in your drug stores this month? A battery-powered toothbrush for sensitive teeth and gums. A pivoting shower and bath safety grip bar. The smallest size (to date) fish oil softgels. Insoles for multiple shoe styles to help take care of various foot comfort problems. A yeast-based probiotic supplement. A â€œfishlessâ€ omega-3 product for vegetarians. And there are even more new over-the-counter items featured in the print edition of Drug Topics.
What’s different in your drug stores this month? A battery-powered toothbrush for sensitive teeth and gums. A pivoting shower and bath safety grip bar. The smallest size (to date) fish oil softgels. Insoles for multiple shoe styles to help take care of various foot comfort problems. A yeast-based probiotic supplement. A “fishless” omega-3 product for vegetarians. And there are even more new over-the-counter items featured in the print edition of Drug Topics.
• Arm & Hammer Spinbrush Toothbrush. Church & Dwight Co.’s Arm & Hammer Spinbrush Pro Sensitive Toothbrush is the first battery-powered toothbrush specially designed for sensitive teeth and gums. What makes it special for the sensitive mouth? The “gum Guard” is a specially designed motor for a gentler clean. Also, its Soft Flex Bristles are longer and more flexible to access hard to reach areas for a thorough cleansing. Plus, a precision single brush head provides greater control to easily reach specific areas. <http://www.armandhammer.com/>
• Carex Ultra Grip Pivot 19" Multi Position.
Carex Health Brands has introduced a grip bar that offers substantial support for family members of all ages and health conditions entering or leaving the bathtub or shower. The Ultra Grip Pivot Grab Bar’s pivot design allows for multiple positions, horizontal or vertical, to keep consumers stable while bathing. Strong suction grips hold tightly to any smooth, flat, non-porous surface, with an indicator button signaling when suction is securely fastened. <
• Nature Made Fish Oil Pearls. Nature Made’s new Fish Oil Pearls offer the smallest omega-3 softgel available as of January among leading brands. Every 3 softgels deliver 500 mg of critical omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, which are often recommended by experts for heart health. Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce coronary heart disease risk. <http://www.NatureMade.com>
• Spenco Total Support Insoles. Spenco Medical Corporation has added Thin and Max Insoles to their Total Support line. The expanded Total Support line now fits all shoe styles and offers athletes and consumers a choice of support at all athletic levels by catering to different foot types and biomechanical needs. Total Support Thin is designed for individuals who need semi-flexible arch support and stability in a low-profile insole. They are ideal for upgrading minimalist running and vulcanized footwear. Total Support Max is designed for individuals who need maximum stability and support. Featuring the company’s most supportive and rigid arch, the Max adds crucial support for a variety of physical activities. < http://www.spenco.com/>
• Florastor Probiotic Supplements. Biocodex recently announced that a Seattle registered dietician, Kerry Neville, recommends the company’s Florastor probiotic dietary supplements to promote digestive balance. Neville said, “A yeast-based probiotic supplement like Florastor can withstand the harsh environment of the stomach, while many bacteria-based probiotics are destroyed by acids in the stomach before they even reach the intestines.” Florastor contains active Saccharomyces boulardii lyo, a friendly yeast found naturally on the skin of the tropical fruits lychees and mangosteens. Florastor offers options appropriate for adults and children as young as 2 months. Available in capsule form or dissolvable, kid-friendly packets (both 250 mg). <http://www.florastor.com/>
• Nordic Naturals ProAlgen. Nordic Naturals has introduced ProAlgen, the pharmacy version of the company’s retail Algae Omega, as an ideal solution for vegetarians seeking the health benefits of marine omega-3s. Made from sustainably sourced microalgae and available in both softgels and liquid, the product offers an algae-based source of beneficial marine omega-3 essential fatty acids without the use of fish. While algae oil is typically rich in DHA, Nordic Naturals ProAlgen is uniquely formulated to contain significant amounts of EPA as well, delivering the expert-recommended daily dose of 500 mg of combined EPA and DHA. This level offers complete nutritional support for normal vision, heart health, positive mood, immunity, and the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response. <http://www.nordicnaturals.com>