Seattle hospital lauded for swift response to fatal error


Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle didn't waste any time issuing a public apology when a 69-year-old patient died as a result of a preventable error. The tragedy occurred when the patient was injected with the antiseptic skin prep solution chlorhexidine instead of a contrast medium designed for radiological procedures. Both solutions were clear and available in the sterile field in unlabeled basins at the time of occurrence.

Related Videos
fake news misinformation | Image Credit: Bits and Splits -
Dr. Charles Lee
© 2024 MJH Life Sciences

All rights reserved.