Utilization Review Accreditation Commission recently announced that four companies have achieved accreditation for the new specialty and mail programs under its Pharmacy Quality Management initiative.
Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) recently announced that four companies have achieved accreditation for the new specialty and mail programs under its Pharmacy Quality Management (SM) initiative.
URAC offers third-party, voluntary accreditation programs for the pharmacy benefit management and prescription services industries.
URAC's Pharmacy Advisory Committee, which develops its accreditation standards, includes employers, consumers, pharmacy consultants, health plans, retail pharmacy, pharmacy benefits management organizations, pharmacy professional organizations, labor, and large public purchasing groups. URAC, an independent, nonprofit organization, is a leader in promoting healthcare quality through its accreditation and education programs. The companies to achieve accreditation are:
• CuraScript; Orlando, Florida site (Specialty Pharmacy)
• Express Scripts, Inc; Tempe, Arizona site (Mail Service)
• Humana RightSourceRx Mail Service Pharmacy (Mail Service Pharmacy)
• Prescription Solutions, Inc. (Mail Service and Specialty Pharmacy) Several companies are in the process of receiving accreditation under URAC's mail service or specialty pharmacy programs and will undergo review when the standards are finalized. Those companies are:
• Acro Pharmaceutical Services (Specialty Pharmacy)
• Centric Health Resources (Specialty Pharmacy)
• CVS Caremark Corporation (Mail Service and Specialty Pharmacy)
• WellDyneRx (Mail Service Pharmacy)
• NextRx, Inc. (Mail Service Pharmacy)
• Prime Therapeutics, LLC (Mail Service Pharmacy
• Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy (Specialty Pharmacy)
“URAC accreditation is an opportunity for companies that specialize in these market segments to align their quality practices with industry-recognized standards and demonstrate their commitment to quality,” Alan P. Spielman, URAC's president and chief executive officer, said. “These companies have distinguished themselves by pursuing accreditation in this emerging pharmacy practice area.”