Sponsored in cooperation with Amgen, the ASHP Best Practice Award Winners have been recognizing pharmacists who demonstrate leadership and innovation in enhancing patient care and other areas of pharmacy practice since 1999.
“These pharmacist-led teams applied bold thinking and creative approaches to address critical medication-use issues,” said ASHP CEO Paul W. Abramowitz, Pharm.D., Sc.D. (Hon.), FASHP in a statement. “This award is a fitting recognition of their inspiring work to improve the quality of care patients receive in all healthcare settings and expand the pharmacist’s role on the healthcare team.”
Trending: 10 Fast Facts About Shingles
Awards and recipients are as follows:
Development and Outcomes of a High-Touch, Integrated Specialty Pharmacy Model at an Academic Health System
- Vanderbilt Specialty Pharmacy, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.
- Autumn Zuckerman, Pharm.D., AAHIVP, BCPS, CSP
- Jacob Jolly, Pharm.D., CSP
- Nisha Shah, Pharm.D.
- Ryan Nix, Pharm.D
- Elizabeth Cherry, Pharm.D
- Matthew Phillips, Pharm.D
- Rebecca Yoon, Pharm.D
- Nicholas Brakefield, Pharm.D
- Tara Kelley, Pharm.D., MMHC, CSP
Impact of a Centralized Pharmacy Transitions of Care Program on 30-Day Hospital Readmission Rates for Patients Discharged from Contracted Skilled Nursing Facilities, Kaiser Permanente, Northern California Region, Oakland, Calif.
- Karen Cham, Pharm.D., BCPS, CPHQ
- Alfonso Becerra, Pharm.D.
- Adenola Akilo, Pharm.D.
- Kelvin Chan, Pharm.D
- Shubhi Nagrani, Pharm.D
- Jodi Loyles, Pharm.D., BCACP
- Carolyn Woo, Pharm.D.
Implementation of a Scalable Pharmacy Population Health Model at a Large Regional Health System, Wake Forest Baptist Health, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Beth S. Williams, Pharm.D
- Molly T. Hinely, Pharm.D., BCPS, CPP
- Candace M. Dixon, Pharm.D., BCACP, CPP, MSCR
- Jennifer E. Tryon, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP
- Tiffany J. Sherod-Harris, Pharm.D.
- Brian A. Marlow, Pharm.D., M.B.A.
Implementation of an Opioid Stewardship Program at an Academic Medical Center, UK HealthCare, Lexington, Ky.
- Douglas R. Oyler, Pharm.D.
- Phillip K. Chang, M.D., M.B.A.
- Kristy S. Deep, M.D.
- Stephanie M. Abel, Pharm.D., BCPS
- Kimberley B. Hite, Pharm.D., M.S.
Pharmacy Driven Rapid Bacteremia Response Program
- Norton Healthcare, Louisville, Ky.
- Ashley M. Wilde, Pharm.D., BCPS-AQ ID
- Matthew Song, Pharm.D.
- W. Paul Allen, Pharm.D.
- Leslie K. Kenney, B.S.Pharm., BCPS
- Alice H. Beane, Pharm.D., BCCCP, BCPS
- Alan D. Junkins, Ph.D., D (ABMM)
- Paul S. Schulz, M.D.
Transforming Data Into Insight: Establishment of a Pharmacy Analytics and Outcomes Team, UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Mary-Haston Vest, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS
- Ashley Pappas, Pharm.D., M.H.A.
- Evan Colmenares, Pharm.D.
- Scott W. Savage, Pharm.D., M.S.
- Timothy Weber, B.S.Pharm., M.B.A.
- Rowell Daniels, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP