Make room for yet another deluge of over-the-counter products. Here's a glimpse.
- CV Technologies is launching COLD-fX, a dietary supplement that is intended to strengthen the immune system. The active ingredient is a natural extract comprised of polysaccharides isolated from Panax quinquefolius (North American ginseng root). The product is indicated for healthy adults and children 12 years of age and older.
- Adams' Respiratory Therapeutics is offering Children's and Junior Strength Mucinex Mini-Melts. Both are intended to relieve chest congestion and to thin and loosen mucus. The company is also introducing Children's Mucinex Expectorant in grape liquid and Children's Mucinex Cough in cherry-flavor liquid.
- Novartis is bringing out Triaminic Thin Strips to treat the multiple symptoms of colds. The item comes in a pocket-size dissolvable thin film form that melts on the tongue without the need for water or measuring. Also new are TheraFlu Thin Strips, Multi Symptom in Cherry Flavor. Novartis is also offering TheraFlu Warming Relief Severe Cold in a day and nighttime formula.
- InnoZen is unleashing Suppress Cough oral strips. They contain dextromethorphan and are intended to provide instant and long-lasting cough relief. They are available in flavors of soothing mint and honey-lemon herbal.
- Cadbury Adams is trotting out Halls Bursts drops. The sugar-free item, which is designed to provide throat relief, comes in cherry surge, apple surge, and mint surge.
- McNeil Consumer Healthcare is introducing headache relief in a chewable form. called Extra Strength Tylenol GoTabs.
Improflu Cold & Flu Solution is a new item from Improvita. The medicine is supposed to relieve fever, chills, body aches, and pain. Improvita is also unleashing Germ Defense Gold for cold and flu. The product contains seven herbal extracts as well as antioxidants, amino acids, vitamin C, and zinc.
- P&G is unwrapping Vicks NyQuil Sinus in a new nighttime sinus formula.
- Ricola USA has added menthol to its lineup with Ricola Natural Menthol cough suppressant throat drops and Sugar Free Menthol drops.
- Pfizer Consumer Healthcare is trotting out Benadryl Allergy Quick Dissolve Strips to temporarily relieve runny nose; sneezing; itchy, watery eyes; and itching of the nose or throat.